In the Svetodar clinic you can fix myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism in just one day!
Tired of wearing glasses and contact lenses? There is a great modern way to restore vision and get rid of the inconvenience of wearing glasses and lenses. You can lead an active lifestyle without restrictions.
Excimer laser vision correction is carried out on the latest modern equipment by our experienced surgeons with extensive experience. The operation is performed within a few minutes, and after it, the patient can feel how the clarity, brightness, and contrast of his vision are restored. A painless and maximally safe operation allows for achieving stable results. This method has few contraindications, so most patients have a great chance to regain their eyesight!
With excimer laser vision correction, the laser beam changes the curvature of the patient’s cornea according to an individual program, moving the focal point to the retina. In this case, normal conditions are formed for optimal refraction of light and obtaining an undistorted image in the eye, as in people with good eyesight.
There are several main types of laser correction: PRK, Lasik (standard, tissue-saving, aspheric). Based on your individual characteristics, the doctors of the SvetoDar clinic will select the most optimal correction method that will achieve the highest possible stable results.
WHAT IS PRK?
The first method of vision correction was “Photo Refractive keratectomy” — PRK (literally – “dosed removal of the corneal tissue by evaporation using an Excimer laser”). With PRK, a laser acts on the surface layers of the cornea, resulting in erosion that heals within 3-4 days with the formation of a new optical curvature. To accelerate the healing process, a soft contact lens is applied to the eye for 3-4 days. Achieving a stable effect occurs within 4 months after operation.
In the absence of contraindications for deviations up to -6.0 diopters, the results of the PRK operation are predictable and stable. But the possibilities of the method are limited in the correction of anomalies of high degrees. The main indication for PRK is the thin cornea when it is impossible to make a correction according to the LASIK method.
WHAT IS LASIK?
90% of all excimer laser operations in the world are performed according to the LASIK method (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis).
LASIK technology is a unique combination of microsurgical and excimer laser technology. This is the most gentle and effective method that preserves the anatomy of the layers of the cornea. After the operation, normal vision will be restored and you will set apart your glasses and lenses forever. In the evening after the operation, you can watch TV, read a newspaper or a book.
LASIK has practically no restrictions on the correction of any degree of refraction anomalies.
- Stage 1: using an automatic disposable microsurgical instrument (microkeratome), a cut of the upper layer of the cornea is painlessly performed for 5-10 seconds. The flap is raised, and then go to stage 2.
- Stage 2: laser ablation. A high-precision excimer laser creates a new profile of the cornea according to a special algorithm so that in the future the rays are focused precisely on the retina.
- Stage 3: After reprofiling the surface of the cornea, the superficial flap, separated in the first stage, returns to its place. Seams are not used, because the flap is well fixed just a few minutes after the operation due to the adhesive properties of the main substance of the cornea – collagen. At the same time, the high quality of the cut ensures fast and strong adhesion and the flap holds firmly in place.
As a result, the protective layer of the cornea is practically not damaged (in contrast to the PRK method), so the patient does not feel almost any discomfort after the operation. There are no seams, no scars, or incisions. All laser actions are controlled by a computer in which a program with data calculated individually for each patient is inserted.
Types of LASIK
- Standard LASIK (Planoscan) – a standard program for correcting low degrees of myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism, it is carried out using the average calculation factors.
- Tissue saving LASIK – is a program for correcting vision with a thin cornea, high degrees of myopia, hyperopia, mixed astigmatism. With it, a greater thickness of the cornea is preserved than with the standard version.
- Aspheric LASIK – is a correction program that reduces night vision problems, preserves the individual shape of the cornea, is carried out using an individual asphericity coefficient, which improves the quality of vision during the day and night.
Patient alert card
- do tests (RW blood test, HIV test, Test for Hepatitis B and C, Complete Blood Count);
- do not wear contact lenses before diagnosis and correction: soft — 2 weeks, hard — 3 months;
- do not drink alcohol 48 hours before the correction.
On the day of operation:
- wash your face thoroughly, wash your hair;
- do not use perfumes, deodorants and cosmetics;
- it is advisable to be dressed in a cotton blouse or a shirt with a wide neck;
- be in possession of: passport, clean wipes, any sunglasses, money, second pair of shoes.
Operations day’s schedule
Be sure to have breakfast in the morning!
I) 9.00 – 10.00 — arrival at the clinic. Paperwork in the registration office.
II) Preoperative examination in the office of excimer laser vision correction (1st floor, room No. 8)
III) Examination by an E.N.T. doctor (1st floor, room No. 3).
IV) Examination of the operating surgeon. Determination of the correction method and the sequence of patients (1st floor, room No. 8). Go to the second floor of the clinic in the operation waiting area, where you will be offered tea.
During the operation:
- carefully listen to the surgeon’s causes and strictly follow them;
- do not pay attention to sharp sounds (buzzing, clicking);
- strictly fix with your eyes the glowing green dot indicated by the surgeon;
- lie calmly, without moving your eyes, head, arms, legs.
Immediately after operation:
- close your eyes calmly without squeezing your eyelids;
- sudden movements of the eyes are not allowed;
- It is strictly prohibited to touch the eyes and eyelids;
— with the PRK method:
Patients are invited to rest in the waiting area for 5-10 minutes, then it’s necessary to go down to the 1st floor to rooms No. 5 or No. 8 — with the LASIK method:
Rest in the waiting area with eyes closed for 30 minutes. Then it’s necessary to go down to the 1st floor to rooms No. 5 or No. 8 for a follow-up care.
The total time spent in the clinic on the day of operation varies from 4 to 6 hours.
- follow-up examinations by doctors of the clinic the next day/on the 4th day after the operation, 1, 3, 6, 12 months after the operation.